I pride myself in utilizing what gems remain in my fridge the day before grocery shopping or produce delivery.
It’s like my own personal IRON CHEF challenge to create a gourmet (or just edible) dish from the depths of my crisper drawers.
I live for this shit.
Seriously. This is where my creativity flourishes.
“WTF can I do with a bunch of week old beets, endless summer squash from the garden and the 2 tons of lemons Al keeps buying each week because he is on a ‘lemon kick’ “
(I swear it’s like he’s having pregnancy cravings)
So, here I am, currently trying to simultaneously clean the fridge and use up what I’ve got left and it HITS ME.
I have been meaning to make beet hummus for a while now because of a few reasons:
1. How beautiful is hot pink anything?
2. I guess thats just it. I like pink.
I made this recipe with summer squash because it’s a neutral flavor and I have so much of it!
Plus, it makes this dip paleo-friendly, which is also a plus (hello happy belly).
Pair this gorgeous hummus with raw veggies or your favorite grain-free crackers for a fabulous summer dish that will certainly blow the pants off all those half-assed packaged hummus haters.
Follow me on Instagram to watch my recipe video of this dish! @NourishingNomsWithSam
Bean-Free Beet Hummus
Recipe By: Samantha Rispoli
1-2 medium summer squash, roughly chopped
2-3 roasted beets, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
3 Tbsp tahini
1/2 tsp Garlic Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Pepper
Water as needed
- Roast the beets ahead of time. 400 degrees on the oven, pop em in and bake until fork-tender. BOOM.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- If hummus is too thick, add a little water to get things moving in there.
- Admire the pure pink beauty of the contents of your processor. Ahhh…
- Season to taste and serve with dippable snacks. HOLLA!
Alright, enjoy this recipe and feel free to comment below with questions, concerns or to tell me how you liked this recipe!
I’ve got something amazing to talk about today.
This stuff is pure MAGIC.
Golden Ratio was created by my friend and mentor, celebrity trainer Bizzie Gold. Bizzie also created BUTI Yoga, a practice I’ve been devoted for 2 years now. After training with Bizzie in L.A. over the last few months, I became hooked on Golden Ratio and felt inspired to experiment in the kitchen with this life-changing product!
Golden Ratio might be my favorite protein powder in the world for a few reasons:
- It tastes amazing. UH-MAY-ZING!
- It’s grain and dairy free
- It contains COLLAGEN, beneficial for joint health, gut health and supports healthy hair, skin and nails!
- Did I mention the TASTE?
- It’s affordable
- It uses no artificial sweeteners<—-HOLLA!
No, I’m not a body builder who lives off protein powder, but I am a chick who enjoys quality products that taste great and deliver epic results. Golden Ratio accomplishes all that and MORE in my opinion, which is why I enjoy using it in different recipes as well as in my daily morning routine.
Today, I’m featuring a perfect summer treat recipe using Golden Ratio Chocolate Bliss Protein Blends. Golden Ratio pumps up the protein in these little bliss balls, keeping you super satisfied and energized without weighing you down.
Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls
refined sugar-free, dairy free and grain free treats
1 cup dates, soaked for 1 hour
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut flakes
2 tablespoons cacao powder (cocoa works)
1 scoop Golden Ratio Chocolate Bliss Protein Blends (optional)
1-1 1/2 cups pitted cherries
additional cacao powder, coconut flakes or cacao nibs for rolling
1. Place almonds in a food processor and pulse on high until coarsely chopped.
2. Remove dates from water and add to the food processor. Grind dates and almonds together on high until combined.
3. Add coconut, cacao and Golden Ratio Chocolate Bliss if using and continue mixing on high, scraping down sides of the processor as you go.
4. Begin to mold tablespoon sized amounts of chocolate “dough” around cherries, rolling with your hands to fulling surround each cherry.
5. Roll each bliss ball into your choice of toppings and set in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
To learn more about Golden Ratio and see all the other AWESOME products they offer,
Enjoy these super easy bliss balls and don’t forget to tag me, @NourishingNomsWithSam on Instagram with your #NourishingNoms!