It’s that time of year again.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME, BITCHES.
The Girl Scouts of America are taking over the world one thin mint at a time. If you are like most people, you feel you have zero willpower against these adorable evil geniuses. How can you not support the growth and education of a group of young girls?
THAT’S HOW THEY GET YOU.
Not only are they incredibly overpriced, but girl scout cookies aren’t even GOOD FOR YOU. I feel like we all know this but I’ll post a photo of the nutrition label ANYWAY.
Are you joking Girl Scouts of America? Because thats HILARIOUS.
Find me anyone in the world who is able to eat just 4 thin mints in one sitting.
4 sleeves, maybe. Alas, I digest.
I’ve got a super easy cookie recipe to satisfy that thin mint craving. Go donate your cookie stash (and the guilt that comes with it) to a homeless person and whip up a batch of these healthier sweet treats. They are grain free and use simple ingredients. HOLLA!
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup granulated sweetener (I used coconut sugar)
1 tsp alcohol free peppermint extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used LILY’s Dark Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet
2. In a large bowl, mix ingredients until smooth. I used a mixer.
3. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and use the back of the spoon to spread the batter into flat circles.
4. Bake cookies 9-10 minutes
5. Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the pan. Lift off sheet with a spatula and enjoy with a glass of cold coconut milk!
Yum! Enjoy my friends! Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you enjoyed it! Leave a comment below and share!