I feel the sick coming.
Well, to be honest, I felt it yesterday.
It began with a dull thump in my left ear.
I went to bed early in hopes some sleep would kick my symptoms.
Woke up this morning and felt like I had been punched in the head repeatedly during the night. I took this feeling as a sign that I needed to slow down and take it easy today.
I needed a life time out.
When I am in the beginning stages of feeling sick, I follow a simple protocol I like to call
KICK THE SICK
- Call the chiropractor— First thing in the morning, I make a phone call to the spinal Gods. Once I am adjusted and aligned, my body can start healing properly. Just by adjusting my neck, I felt my head clear up and my throat feel better.
- Drink some bone broth— If you aren’t doing bone broth, you need to be. Not just for sick days, but for all days. Here is a simple recipe to try from Wellness Mama
- Sip on some Ginger Elixir— This stuff is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, soothing and delicious. This is my secret weapon for punching sick symptoms in the face. Recipe below.
- Self care is a MUST— Epsom salt bath to loosen muscles and relax, naps to recharge, breathing exercises and meditations with some crystals if you wanna get fancy. Take it easy on your body and allow it time to heal.
- Supplements— More of a preventative method, but I make sure I am taking my probiotic, Vitamin D, zinc and magnesium during the winter months when the sick is floating around.
6 cups filtered water
1 inch ginger knob, peeled and sliced into coins
1 lemon, sliced into rings
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Bring water to a boil and add ingredients.
- Stir to combine and reduce heat.
- Simmer the ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Strain tea into a jar and enjoy warm!